Denise – Julie C. Sheppard
Jack – Geoff Mays
Narration – Hugh Ritchie
Cecily – Victoria Urquhart
Doctor – Sean Ballantyne
Rebecca – Lada Darewych
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
I began this screenplay in 2015. I was making a social comment on the cell phone reports of people falling into fountains while on their cell phones, car accidents and altercations. Because the teen generation was particularly engrossed, I decided to turn the story into a horror film. The screenplay is about a girl in her Senior year during Christmas break. Her family has recently lost their Father and she and her little brother become very close as their Mother has become distant. One evening, she visits an abandoned house behind her own home with some friends. The house is condemned. Inside an evil entity lurks, a tortured soul. When one teen films inside a room where gruesome murders took place, the spirit is captured through the eye of a cell phone. When the friends continue to communicate through their cells, the evil is released and spreads through the town. As horror ensues, our heroine begins to unravel the mystery of the numerous, and horrific deaths.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
This film was written with a sequel in mind and I believe is an entertaining and creative comment on how much the cell phone generation has been effected by today’s technology.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Writing is rewriting! I have revisited it often for the past 2 years.
7. How many stories have you written?
Countless. But currently I have 6 screenplays, 2 Television Series, 7 short stories (4 produced and directed by me), I have also written numerous commercial’s for various industries.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Painted Black The Stones
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Dialogue, especially when writing teens, it must be authentic. I had a HS Senior read it and make notes which was very helpful.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Painting, editing, filming, scouting independent music and talent, design, and water sports.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Operator: Mary Cox