Written by Myke FrisciaCAST LIST:
Genre: Thriller, Crime, Horror
A man’s life spirals out of control when he becomes obsessed with meeting the woman behind the voice of his car navigation system.
Get to know the winning writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
Things go terribly awry for a man who becomes obsessed with meeting the woman behind the voice of his car navigation system.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
A dark comedy, Twilight Zone-like thriller
2. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It is unique in that it is a SOLO actor performance. The outside world exists only as voices heard, but not seen. Being that, it can be made on an extremely low budget. It’s darkly funny, thrilling and entertaining for an audience for beginning to end. It is a challanging and fun role for an actor. It’s based on a situation where millineal technology backfires in way that could possibly happen to anyone.
3. How would you describe this script in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The original Star Wars!
5. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
About a year and a half on and off.
6. How many stories have you written?
10 Features, 3 original TV pilots, 10 shorts.
7. What motivated you to write this screenplay?
A story I read that something similar happened. I thought it was a great premise for a story that was based on reality. I also tried to come up with something easily producable.
8. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
For contest purposes, trying to keep the whole story under 30 pages while keeping it entertaining, while at the same time developing the characters. Also trying to write it in such a way that only one physical actor was needed for the whole story, which was very challanging in itself.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I love movies! But also am passionate about baseball, Texas Hold’em and getting involved with my daughter’s school activities.
10. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Keep learning about your craft and never stop. Try every means available to get your work out there, all the while just keep writing and writing. Write what you know best. Experiment with different genres, concepts, story lengths and formats. Never give up!
|SUBMIT your Short Screenplay or TV SPEC Script
Voted #1 TV Contest in North America.
|SUBMIT your Short Screenplay or FEATURE Script
FULL FEEDBACK on all entries. Get your script performed
|FIRST SCENE (first 10pgs) SCREENPLAY CONTEST
Submit the first stages of your film and get full feedback!